Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Bride Finder by Susan Carroll

The Bride Finder My Rating: 4.5 stars Read: October 2008 A beautiful story, it pushed all the right buttons. I was caught up in the vivid tale of ghosts, mysticism, love, family tradition, legend & vendettas. The men of the St Ledger family must accept the partner chosen for them by the Bride Finder, to do otherwise risks disaster. Practical Madeline Breton arrives in Cornwall to meet her husband, the tormented Anatole St Ledger and the story that follows became a page turner for me (which pleasantly surprised me.) The story unfolded at a believable pace and Carroll's writing made for an effortless emotional connection with the characters and the gothic setting. I thoroughly enjoyed this historical romance with a spellbinding dose of supernatural.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box