Friday, September 05, 2008

Untouched by Anna Campbell

Untouched
Genre: Historical Romance
Publication Date: 27th November 2007
Pages: 434
My Rating: 4 stars

I gave this book 4 stars as I read it after reading Anna Campbell's first novel, Claiming the Courtesan and whilst I enjoyed Untouched I felt it was a little undeveloped in comparison. 

The characters, Grace & Matthew were atypical which was refreshing (Grace being widowed & Matthew, Marquess of Sheene being held captive in his own home for over a decade and a virgin.) I also found it quite novel that the couple's first sexual experience was unsatisfying for Grace. 

There is romance, genuine scenes of fear, sexual tension and sizzling encounters but I thought after the many refreshing differences in this novel, I was disappointed in the ending...yes it was happy, but it seemed an easy option rather than being an ending with more substance. 

Visit Anna Campbell's website to learn more about this Aussie author from the Sunshine State and her new novel 'Tempt the Devil' due out 30th Dec.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box