Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Bride by Julie Garwood

The Bride My Rating: 4.5 stars Upon reading the 4th line in the prologue of "The Bride" I nearly gave up in dismay "... clan members gathered around the burial sight atop the stark ridge." Burial 'sight' instead of burial 'site', shame on you editors! This spelling error annoyed me so much (and there were others) that I was going to be brutal and remove a star rating but after only a few chapters I was hooked; the novel completely redeemed itself with two totally endearing characters. Ordered to marry by the Kings of England & Scotland, a marriage based on an edict soon becomes a passionate love story. I fell in love with Alec & Jamie Kincaid, the interaction between the two was engaging and their dialogue was often hilarious. Their love scenes ranged from tender & playful to hot & steamy. Alec like many a Scottish laird is strong and possessive but he also shows the funny, tender & loving qualities that make him such an appealing character. I cannot stand insipid heroines, so I really loved feisty Jamie, she wasn't adverse to voicing her opinion and displayed an awesome temper on many an occasion. I was relieved that the story focused mainly on Alec and Jamie in Scotland as I found Jamie's family in England extremely irritating. All in all this was a fun read, a great romance with a hint of mystery.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box