Friday, April 24, 2009

The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton

The Magic Faraway Tree My Rating: 5 stars Copyright: 1943 Published: 1971 Pages: 185 This was my all-time favourite book growing up & unbeknownst to me at the time, my first experience with the fantasy genre. As a child I was so enchanted with the story, I believed the Enchanted Forest and the Magic Faraway Tree were actually real. Only a few pages in and this delightful story came rushing back, along with the magical, wishful feelings experienced as a child. Fanny, Dick, Bessie & Jo, Moon-face, Silky, Saucepan, Dame Wash-a-lot & the Angry Pixie became old friends once again and the lands at the top of the Faraway Tree re-ignited my love of Enid Blyton. The Land of Do-As-You-Please, The Land of Goodies & The Land of Presents must surely be every child's dream The Magic Faraway Tree and other stories by Enid Blyton will always hold a special place in my heart.

10 comments:

  1. I remember wishing that I could live with in the tree with Silky as she was my favourite character. I loved these books too as a child and now I am going to have to find them and read them again. Thanks for reminding me how good they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's not to love about Enid Blyton. My favourite was The Five Series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world needs more magic trees. It made me think of Garden Spells with the apple tree.Garden Spells is an adult book by Sarah Addison Allen. If you haven't read it, you might enjoy it.Just a suggestion as I know no one's tbr list is ever too long. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never get into Enid Blytin I have no idea why. My mother always tried to encourage me to read Blytons books and I still have some but I just couldn't. Maybe now Im older and ahem wiser I should give it another bash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of my childhood love for the Narnia books. When I was little, I used to knock on the back of my closet... hoping, just hoping...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaye ~ thanks for the suggestion, will definitely look her up.

    Scrap girl & Kate ~ isn't the innocence of childhood a wonderful thing.

    Caspette ~ hmm don't know, if the love's not there I can't imagine Blyton's books would grow on you LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are scrubbed in sunshine = }

    http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/04/thunk.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love re-reading things that I loved as a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never did read any Blyton, but saw it on tv :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sheree, here is an award for you.http://alainereading.blogspot.com/2009/04/some-more-lovely-awards.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box