Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

MizB of Should Be Reading hosts this cool weekly event. Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page. Share (2) “teaser” sentences from that page. Share the title & author of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your teaser. Please avoid spoilers! Dr Juvenal Urbino did not sleep at all on the night of his return; he was frightened by the darkness and the silence, and he said three rosaries to the Holy Spirit and all the prayers he could remember to ward off calamities and shipwrecks and all manner of night terrors, while a curfew that had come in through a half-closed door sang every hour on the hour in his bedroom. He was tormented by the hallucinating screams of the madwomen in the Divine Shepherdess Asylum next door, the harsh dripping from the water jar into the washbasin which resonated throughout the house, the long-leggged steps of the curlew wandering in his bedroom, his congenital fear of the dark, and the invisible presence of his dead father in the vast, sleeping mansion. P.127 Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez Phew that wasn't a teaser that was a saga in two sentences!

15 comments:

  1. Wow! That is intense!! Great teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the movie! The book sounds even better. My teaser is from a Turkish mystery with a twist! www.bookbirddog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of people say the movie is better than the book, I'm doing book & movie for a challenge so I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I'm left hanging....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That was a saga! I tried the book many years ago, but didn't get very far. Look forward to seeing what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah...that was a two sentence saga.
    I am curious...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser - wow those sentences are long!

    Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

    PS - how did you add the % complete widgets on your sidebar? I've been looking for it in blogger but haven't found it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like fun but I don't have a book on me at the moment, only a few chapters of my own book that I'm writing. That way I work in my spare time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good lord! And I thought I had issues with things that go bump in the night. Glad I'm not that guy.

    (I'll have a post up tomorrow that gives a litte spotlight to you - stop on by then)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the book so I didn't read the whole paragraphs :P

    I have a giveaway on my blog for My Year Without Sex movie tickets, only for Australians. Drop by if you're interested :)

    ~Mee

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never read this one, I am somehow apprehensive about reading Marquez. I do have it on my TBR shelf so sooner or later I will have to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be looking for your review. This has been getting mixed reviews, if I'm not mistaken. With a title like that, I thought it might be good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those were a couple of good, long sentences, interesting! Maby I'll have to move it up in my TBR pile.

    I didn't know it was a movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great teaser...how are you enjoying this book?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box