Tuesday, December 01, 2009

2010 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge


I've participated in the Historical Fiction Challenge for the last 2 years and loved it, so I'm very excited that the 2010 challenge will run for the full year!

Head on over to Royal Reviews to sign up for this one.  I'm going with the Fascinated level.

Here are the rules:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
--Non-Bloggers: Include your information in the comment section.

2. There are four levels:

-- Curious – Read 3 Historical Fiction novels.

-- Fascinated – Read 6 Historical Fiction novels.

-- Addicted – Read 12 Historical Fiction novels.

-- Obsessed – Read 20 Historical Fiction novels.

3. Any book format counts.

4. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.

5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010. Only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge.



10 comments:

  1. Well done, I'm seriously considering Obsessed LOL. Am going to do mine in a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teddyree!

    I should join this challenge just to force myself to read the historicals waiting patiently in my TBR stacks, lol!

    Since I'd only have to read as few as three to participate, maybe I will. Do paranormal historicals count?

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very tempted!!! I read a lot of historical fiction so I'm sure that I could complete this one....I'm thinking about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually do much Historical fiction unless it has an urban fantasy aspect. Would those count? If they don't I bet I could be 'curious' enough to do three. Thanks for letting me know about this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am in! :) Im in the office now so wont be bale to post this until later - but this is great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly I think I have only two HF authors I like. Maybe in 2010, I can explore more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Teddyree!

    I'm going to join a challenge for 2010 too - I've never done it before but thought I'd try for motivation at least!! lol

    Great challenge BTW - good luck...

    I just e-mailed you a short time ago. ;)

    I hope all is well..

    L

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need to join this one too! Zoiks. The list of challenges I'm going to commit to is long enough that I think *I* need committing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alaine ~ yep you're a nutter for sure LOL

    Dottie ~ yes you should definitely join, I have about 100 historicals on my bookshelf waiting to be read (shameful I know) and yes I don't see why paranormal historicals wouldnt count ... I think I counted Royal Blood last year.

    Staci ~ go on, sign up!! My motto is if you're reading the books anyway they may as well fill a challenge :-)

    Alyssa ~ absolutely, historical fantasy counts, I read Juliet Marillier's Wolfskin and some Arthurian tales.
    Sheila ~ Yay, glad you're joining

    J. Kaye ~ have to see if we can give you some awesome recommendations. What about The Last Queen by C W Gortner that was one of my favourite historicals this year!

    Lea ~ thanks, looking forward to seeing what challenge you're going to do in 2010.

    Kristen ~ LMAO committed, yeah you and me both!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep seeing really intriguing-looking books in this genre, so I should probably join this...at the "curious" level, to start.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box