Sunday, January 15, 2012

Across the Miles



Some of you will remember how smitten I was with Bonjour 40 by Karen A. Chase. I raved about this book to everyone who'd listen and my sister who was readying herself and family for a 7 week holiday in the UK/Paris/Scotland was all ears.  

Karen has done a delightful post on how Bonjour 40 closed the miles between Brisbane, Paris and her home in Virginia ~ pop over and check it out. This is what makes blogging and sharing the love of books so special ... ooh I just love it! 

My sis had a Paris to-do-list which included some of Karen's experiences from Bonjour 40 and my request was she visit the crab shack and take of photo of the much talked about Bandit. I emailed Karen asking for directions and my sister visited Dorothee & the famous Bandit at Le Panier de Crabes. She also made me extremely envious devouring croissants like there was no tomorrow and visiting all the places I'm dying to visit.


While skyping my sister I got to check out the view of the Eiffel Tower 
from their apartment 

and for just one more example of how small our world really is ... while visiting Karen's blog I noticed a comment by another Australian blogger who just happens to live in Brisbane like myself and we are now in touch via twitter and our blogs ... visit Journey's With Noelle.

Waving from Australia :)

10 comments:

  1. I remember reading your review of this book a while back and thought the book sounded like a lot of fun. But now with your sister's trip and everything how wonderful your reading of this book has turned out!

    Like you, I would love to be able to visit Paris. And like you said I too would love to visit the real heart and soul of Paris not just the touristy parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling us about your sister's trip. I love the pics too. Great connections via blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and story about connecting! Blogging really does create global (and local!) friendships.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great trip she had!! LOVING the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Blogging and reading makes the world much smaller and that much more fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hoping this would be available here in my local library at Carnegie. Sadly not. It would have been a lovely last book read before I left.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh that is so cool! I love how blogging brings us all closer together. I love being able to say I have a friend or two in Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Teddyree and all friends here. I am really stoked to find another Brisbane girl here in Twitter. What a visually beautiful blog you have, and the content is fantastic. Love it. Paris has a magic about it, and I think it has waved its magic wand on us all. Bonjour all.

    Noelle Clark

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post! You've illustrated the "viral" nature of book love that helps us travel to so many places and connect to so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so awesome! The wonders of the internet never cease. Bloggers near and far brought together by books. There is still goodness and friendship in the world.
    Hope your sister has a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box