Monday, March 19, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Family Update



A weekly event hosted by Sheila from Book Journey to discuss your reading week ~ the books you've read and those you plan on reading in the coming week. Thanks Sheila :)

An eventful week; some wonderful, some ... not so much.

I won't be at all offended if you just want to skip to the book stuff but those that are interested in the goings-on in our life ... read away. I always mean to do a separate post but run out of time each week and I love finding out what my bloggy friends are up to via Sheila's Monday meme so I figure some of you probably do too :)

My dear old friend in hospital isn't doing so well but it was nice to spend some time with her again last week. She's not going back to her home town any time soon so I'll probably visit again. 

Alaine's daughter Kylie delivered a beautiful baby girl, Charlotte Michelle on Tuesday and mum and bub are doing well. I'm hoping to have a visit and cuddle later this week.

I'm having nerve conduction tests done tomorrow so hopefully there's an end in sight to the pain and pins and needles in my arm. Unfortunately the test is around the same time as author Katherine Howell (Silent Fear) is speaking at Victoria Point Library. I've been so looking forward to catching up with Katherine and still hope to make it but will just have to see. 




Mid-week little Bella bit a bat on our back deck (try saying that fast) and was in turn scratched by the bat which resulted in an ongoing saga between vets, the Department of Primary Industry and Biosecurity. Long story short, Australian bats/flying fox carry Lyssavirus which is closely related to rabies and on Friday afternoon Bella had the 1st of 2 required rabies vaccine. As it was an extremely unusual situation; dogs don't normally have contact with bats unless a bat is sick and out of its habitat, protocol wasn't really in place so  waiting for decisions to be made was quite stressful for us. Bella on the other hand was wondering what all the fuss was about ;)

and finally, we did make it up to Tin Can Bay for a family visit with my Dad which was really nice.

This week I'm hoping for an uneventful week so I can catch up on reading, reviewing and blog visiting ... fingers crossed :)

************ 

Giveaways:

THE TURNING OF ANNE MERRICK by Christine Blevins  + Survival Kit - International ~ enter here.




************ 

I posted reviews for: (click on title)

THE UNDERSIDE OF JOY by Sere Prince Halverson ~ Don't miss this one!!!

************

Finished last week:

SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE by Katie Dale  ~ review up this week

 ************

This Week's Reading List:
This week I've had to do some juggling as I've got to get a book read for a tour



THE KING'S AGENT by Donna Russo Morin

ACCIDENTS OF PROVIDENCE by Stacia M Brown

GRAFFITI MOON by Cath Crowley 

THE BUNGALOW by Sarah Jio

************

Reviews Still To Do:

SLIDE by Jill Hathaway ~ review scheduled this week



20 comments:

  1. I hope the testing goes well and provides some answers! I'll be looking forward to your review of The King's Agent and Accidents of Providence. Have a good and uneventful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness...you have had quite the week! I am sorry about your friend and I hope your hand test goes well! And sorry to hear about Bella too... hopefully she is ok! I hope you have a better week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Bella. We have several bat colonies near us - can't say I am a fan of the smelly creatures! I hope you have a less stressful week and manage to catch up with Katherine Howell!
    Have a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd out

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite understandable; sometimes life gets in the way of even reading.

    Hope you can have a much calmer week in order to enjoy some books!

    Here is my list for this week: http://jaynesbooks.blogspot.com/2012/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-mar-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria Point is my local library! Unfortunately my lack of independent movement due to a broken ankle means I probably won't make the Katherine Howell event either! Hope your friend is better soon. You can check out my Monday here

    http://www.kyliesreads.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/its.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for making it a blog update too. I for one like the 'family' stuff. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and I'll message you to see how you go. Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to going back to work and having life slow down a little!

    Here's my
    It's Monday! What Are You Reading?!
    I'd love to have you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a trying ordeal for Bella...and the rest of you. I'm not fond of bats since I lived in the foothills and, on two occasions, had a bat flying loose in my house. Long story, lots of shrieking.

    Hope your friend is well soon...and congrats on the new baby-friend. Love babies....

    Hope you enjoy The Bungalow as much as I did; thanks for visiting my blog, and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been busy this week! Wowza! Don't you just love new babies? A friend of mine just had one about two weeks ago...the best part is being able to hold them and then hand them back to mom when they cry :)

    Have a great reading week!
    The Brunette Librarian's It's Monday! Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your week definitely sounds like lots of ups & downs - and hopefully your Bella is doing okay. I've got Graffiti Moon on the radar to read soon too.

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about Bella! Hoping your testing lead to answers and treatment if necessary. Have a great week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to Alaine and her daughter :)
    And I hope they find the reason for the pain in your arm

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love hearing what's been going on in your life. I hope your friend gets better!! I love that name Charlotte...Congrats to Alaine and her daughter!!! Poor Bella and that bat is just ugly..they creep me out big time!! i'm praying for answers for your arm!!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You really did have an eventful week! YAY on the new baby and Bella... well you could write a book about the adventures of that dog! LOL

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you are so right about Bella, Sheila :))

      Delete
  16. My goodness you had quite the week! I hope your schedule sorts itself out between your test and the author visit.

    The most surprising and rewarding book I read this week was The Wednesdays by Julie Bourbeau via NetGalley. Please come see what else I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've got a lot going on right now! Poor you and poor Bella. At least you get to cuddle a newborn :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. All best wishes for the tests.

    You have some great books to read this week. A mixture. I look forward to your thoughts on The Bungalow.

    carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box