Monday, March 12, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



A weekly event hosted by Sheila from Book Journey to discuss your reading week ~ the books you've read and those you plan on reading in the coming week. Thanks Sheila :)

A pretty good week for me all round although I've been limited with my scrapbooking & crochet as I've done something to my shoulder or neck or both which is putting pressure on a nerve and my left arm alternates between numb and pins & needles ... very annoying. Thanks everyone for the well wishes for Anthony; he has another month off work with his broken foot but it's all healing the way it's supposed to. As an electrician he can't safely do his job in plaster and on crutches so time off it is! 

My reading list for the week looks quite optimistic but I'll just see how I go. We're visiting my dad in Tin Can Bay for the weekend so that will limit reading but it will be lovely to catch up with family. I have a dear old friend in hospital that I'd like to spend some time with again this week and my best friend's daughter is having her 2nd baby via c-section on Tuesday so it's going to be an exciting week. Thinking of you Kylie xx

************ 

Giveaways:

THE TURNING OF ANNE MERRICK by Christine Blevins  + Survival Kit - International ~ enter here.






Winner of  THE LEGACY OF EDEN by Nelle Davy ~ Congrats: Tiffany Drew

************ 

I posted reviews for: (click on title)

THE TURNING OF ANNE MERRICK by Christine Blevins 

THE WAY WE FALL by Megan Crewe

************

Finished last week:

THE UNDERSIDE OF JOY by Sere Prince Halverson ~ box of tissues good!

SLIDE by Jill Hathaway

 ************

This Week's Reading List:



SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE by Katie Dale ~ page 35

GRAFFITI MOON by Cath Crowley

ACCIDENTS OF PROVIDENCE by Stacia M Brown

THE BUNGALOW by Sarah Jio


************

Reviews Still To Do:


18 comments:

  1. I hope that you feel better soon. I know it is a challenge to do things when your arm is injured. I hope Anthony continues to mend quickly. I am sure it must be frustrating.

    Looks like you have some interesting books lined up for this week. I've heard good things about Graffiti Moon and Accidents of Providence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon!! I am loving the books you have lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thank you so much! I'll be anxiously awaiting your email so I can respond with my address :)

    I hope both you and Anthony get well soon. I hope you enjoy your time with the family and your friend. Congrats to your friend and her daughter on the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have a lot going on! The books you are reading this week look wonder - enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely do have a busy week ahead! I am looking forward to reading Bungalow. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a nice reading list ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a nice reading week! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh- I ran off to look at the giveaway and almost forgot to comment here. :-)You have some interesting books coming up. Accident of Providence catches my eye.
    Hope Anthony continues to recover well and that your shoulder eases up for you.
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like some fun reads this week! Hope your friend has a safe delivery and a healthy baby!
    Here's my link: http://writingchristiannovels.blogspot.com/2012/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the kinks are ironed out soon! I get those nerve issues too. Your favourite author list is similar to mine! You should try Robin Hobb's books - they are exceptional! I totally love your blog header - it's beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommend Wendy, I'll check out Robin Hobb's books, not familiar with that author.

      Delete
  11. Ooh, looks like a good week! The Bungalow is GOOD. Hope you like it...no pressure! lol

    Glad your son is doing better...good luck on the arm/neck/shoulder. I can relate!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A busy week indeed, surprised you find time for reading at all! Take Care of your health issues.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goal is to finish Angelology. Please come see what else I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have fun reading and an exciting week indeed

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope to get to The Bungalow this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much going on!! Sending out healing thoughts on the broken foot, safe delivery of the new bundle of joy, and that your pinched nerve unpinches itself!! :D LOL!!

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey sweetie! Sorry to hear about Anthony. Hope he mends quickly and is being a good patient. sorry to hear about your pinched nerve as well. That can be so annoying and frustrating. Hold your book with the other hand and feel better soon as well.
    {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box