Monday, May 14, 2012

The Day After Mother's Day ... What Are You Reading?



A weekly event hosted by Sheila from Book Journey to discuss your reading week ~ the books you've read and those you plan on reading in the coming week. Thanks Sheila :)

This is a long one so grab a cuppa and catch up on all our news or just skip straight to the book stuff. Whatever takes your fancy. 

Very happy I got the all clear from the surgeon to bend my elbow, I can move to 90 degrees which lets me do the basics but there it is stuck. Hopefully with time and work I'll be able to get my fingers to my shoulder.  

Happy Mothers Day to all the mums and mum's to be ... hope you had a wonderful day! I had a fabulous weekend. A high tea with my best friend Alaine and her gorgeous girls and Mother's Day with both my boys ... couldn't ask for anything better.


High Tea at The Hilton

Mothers Day brekky from Callum, complete with rose and my pressie; 
the cutest teapot cozy ever! 



goofing around to get a good photo ... the boys are such fun!

Book Stuff: 

Some of you will remember my review and Across the Miles post on BONJOUR 40 by Karen A Chase.  This treasure of a book won a Silver Medal for best non-fiction travel essay in the eLit Awards. To celebrate the win and the one-year anniversary of the Paris trip featured in the book, Bonjour 40 is on sale @ Amazon and B&N for 99¢ for the month of May. Highly recommend this one!
If you're quick you can pick up MUST LOVE DOGS by Claire Cook. To celebrate Mothers Day it's free for one day only at Amazon 









************ 

Giveaways:


Win THE TRUTH ABOUT SCARLET ROSE & prequel SCARLET SINS by Julia Madeleine ~ enter here


Winner of VAMPIRE UNDERGROUND by Brian Rowe ~ Congratulations Julie Tucker-Wolek

************ 

I posted reviews for: (click on title)

THE TRUTH ABOUT SCARLET ROSE by Julia Madeleine ~ dark, twisted suspense/thriller

THE PROPHET by Amanda Stevens ~ enjoyable installment in the Graveyard Queen series

************


Finished last week:


AFTER THE FOG by Kathleen Shoop ~ enjoyable & interesting 


************

This Week's Reading List:


DAYS OF SPLENDOR, DAYS OF SORROW by Juliet Grey ~ Marie Antoinette #2  ~ page 75 loving it so far.

INSURGENT by Veronica Roth ~ can't wait

************

Reviews Still To Do:

DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth 

THE MAID AND THE QUEEN: The Secret History of Joan of Arc by Nancy Goldstone ~ review Thursday

NIGHT BEACH by Kirsty Eager ~ review Tuesday





20 comments:

  1. Love the photos of you and your boys! The High Tea looks like so much fun!!! thanks for the Must Love Dogs book..nabbed it!!

    Have a great week and hope that elbow gets better every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeee the Mama's Day photos! You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! And YAYYYYYYYYYY me!!! So excited!!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely friends and family you have!

    Can't wait to read the Marie Antoinette book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. High tea looks fun :D Seems you had a wonderful Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get the mobility back in your elbow. I love that tea cozy.

    My favorite read last week was The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson. Please come see what else I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, lovely photos!

    Happy Mother's Day to you.
    We celebrated Mother's Day in March here in UK.

    Have a great reading week

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos :) I really need to read Divergent!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photos are gorgeous! two such handsome sons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, love the photos! High tea is always so elegant and fun....

    I had brunch with my daughter...but didn't think to photograph the food! Sigh....

    Glad your elbow has more mobility...I know these things take time, but it's frustrating, isn't it?

    You look happy and having fun, though. Enjoy your week and your reads.

    I'm going to check out some reviews...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to go to a high tea...I really need to see if there is a place near me that has one. I live close (about 25 minutes) from New York City and I think there are some places there that have high tea.

    So happy to hear about your arm and love all the pics of you and your boys - so fun!!!

    I read Must Love Dogs last year - loved the movie and the book was cute, too.

    Have a great week!
    Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh you have such great boys! I didn't get to see mine for Mothers Day but Justin (youngest) will be home next weekend and we are going to the cabin - so EXCITED! This will be the first time I have seen him since January!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such fun pictures of you and your boys. The high tea with Alaine and her family looks fantastic as well!

    Have fun with Insurgent, I've got Divergent on hold at the library, it'll come to me after about 500 other people, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful week. Love all the pictures!!! I had a quiet Mother's Day and today hubby and I are celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary.

    See you next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, high tea at the Hilton - sounds gorgeous! Your boys look sweet, and the owl tea cosy is amazing! Love it! Thanks for letting us know about the books at Amazon - I'm always looking for a book bargain! Enjoy your week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you had a wonderful mother's day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good news about your elbow! Love the "photo shoot" of you and your boys! Hope you have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad to hear your elbow is getting better. High tea sounds delicious and I love the photos of you and your boys!

    Have a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear your feeling better!!! :) Fabulous news!

    Happy late Mothers day! Handsome boys!!

    Happy reading this week!
    What are YOU reading??

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! That High Tea looks incredible! I'm very jealous! And so glad to hear you're feeling better. Sounds like a great week all around. :o)

    Have a fabulous reading week and thanks so much for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh the pics of you and the boys, and the girls too, are wonderful. you look great Teddy! so glad to hear about the elbow and that a wonderful Mum's day was had by all :)
    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box