Sunday, December 30, 2012

Bye Bye 2012 - Most Memorable Reads Of The Year



Can't say I'll be sad to wave goodbye to 2012 but I bounce well! I'll be welcoming 2013 with a smile and hope for a truly wonderful year with a return to good health and new adventures.

I'm grateful for all that I have in my life - my darling family, the bestest of friends,  experiences that shape and make, the blogging fun, the awesome reads - thanks for the memories :)

Totally bummed that I missed out on completing the 100+ Challenge ~ 94/100 sooo close but wow did I read some brilliant books, especially from the historical fiction, general fiction and YA genres. 

Here's the best of the best: ** are my 5 star reads but the rest are 4.5 stars and memorable!


Historical Fiction:



** WINTER GARDEN by Kristin Hannah
** SPARTACUS THE GLADIATOR by Ben Kane

THE SUMMER BEFORE THE STORM by Gabriele Wills 
THE BUNGALOW by Sarah Jio
THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS by M.L. Stedman
THE SHADOWY HORSES by Susanna Kearsley
THE SECRET KEEPER by Kate Morton
THE COURTESAN'S LOVER by Gabrielle Kimm
THE SECOND EMPRESS by Michelle Moran
THE SECRET KEEPER: A novel of Kateryn Parr by Sandra Byrd
THE QUEEN'S VOW by C.W. Gortner
THE TURNING OF ANNE MERRICK by Christine Blevins
THE CROWN by Nancy Bilyeau

General Fiction:



** THE HOMECOMING OF SAMUEL LAKE by Jenny Wingfield
** ONE MOUNTAIN AWAY by Emilie Richards
** MAGIC HOUR by Kristin Hannah
** STILL ALICE by Lisa Genova
** CROSS CURRENTS by John Shors

THE UNDERSIDE OF JOY by Sere Prince Halverson
OUTSIDE THE LINES by Amy Hatvany

Young Adult:



** DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth
** INSURGENT by Veronica Roth

BLOOD STORM by Rhiannon Hart
CINDER by Marissa Meyer
THE SWEETEST DARK by Shana Abe ~ review in 2013
GRAFFITI MOON by Cath Crowley 
EVERNEATH by Brodi Ashton
UNDER THE NEVER SKY by Veronica Rossi
HALLOWED by Cynthia Hand
THE RISE OF NINE by Pittacus Lore
THE POWER OF SIX by Pittacus Lore
THE MAZE RUNNER by James Dashner

Romance: 



** ANIMAL MAGNETISM by Jill Shalvis

FIFTY SHADES Trilogy by E.L. James ~ the most fun review to write

Suspense/Thriller:
SILENT FEAR by Katherine Howell
TATTOOED by Pamela Callow

Urban Fantasy:
THE KINGDOM by Amanda Stevens 

Non-Fiction:
JANUARY FIRST by Michael Schofield



15 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your favorites of the year. Here's my list: Best of 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see several on your list that I also enjoyed, like the Kristin Hannah books and The Bungalow. Hope to read The Secret Keeper and a few others on your list in the New Year.

    Happy New Year!

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved your reviews this year... you and Staci both have introduced me to new authors and I am loving it! Happy New Year my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! If I was doing one this year "Samuel Lake" and Still Alice would be on it. Loved both of those. I need to read the Jill Shalvis book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list indeed, I love Kristin Hannah also but didn't read one this year. Still Alice is an all time favourite. Jan First made my favourite list this year also. I think the Fifty trilogy was great fun, I loved the 1st the best. I will have to try the Suspense/Thriller reads as that is my favourite genre.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of good ones :D
    I am trying to narrow it down to 10 but so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's to a better 2013 my Friend. Love the list. you're so organized, and you inspire me to be a better blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everneath made my favorites list for 2012 too! Winter Garden is one of the five star star reads you have that is really grabbing my attention-since I mostly read YA, I hadn't heard too much about it but now I'm off to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohhh you have caused me to add more to my reading pile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had a great year of reading! May 2013 be filled with many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Insurgent and Cinder too. Every Other Day was excellent also. I really enjoy Jennifer Lynn Barnes's books. She has a new one coming out in January that I am excited to read.

    After enjoying Home Front I want to check out some of Kristin Hannah's other books next year.

    I'm sorry you weren't able to reach your goal but it looks like you did get to read some wonderful books at least. Have a great 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know that you certainly had your trials this year!! I think 2013 will be much better for both of us!!! I loved your list of memorable reads, some I have read and loved too, while many others are going on my list!!

    Happy New Year my dear friend!! May it be filled with love, laughter, good health, prosperity, and tons of great books!!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm hoping 2013 is a better year for you!

    I am going to read a Kate Morton book next year, I need to see what all the excitement is about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2012 was mixed bag for me but 2013 looks to be rough weather around here :( I hope yours is better :)
    The only one I've read is Cinder and I really liked it too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great list, thanks for sharing it and happy new year!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box