Monday, April 15, 2013

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Genre: YA/New Adult Romance
Series: Beautiful #2
Publication Date: 2nd April 2013
Pages: 433
Book Source: Atria & NetGalley


Synopsis: Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes

Karen's Thoughts:
I've always thought Midnight Sun would be a great story if Stephanie Meyers ever decided to finish it. I enjoyed Twilight and I think it would heighten the reading experience to have been able to read Edward’s side of the story.

I feel this way about Walking Disaster, it has made me enjoy Beautiful Disaster all over again and in a different way. 

For the most part Walking Disaster is the story we’ve read (and loved) in Beautiful Disaster.  There are, however, some extra scenes throughout the story and obviously we get the fill-ins to the blanks Travis was part of. I particularly loved the dialogue between Travis and Shepley and also Travis and his brothers. I’m hopeful the author plans to write Travis’ brothers stories.

Who doesn’t love a bad boy?  Travis is by no means the perfect man, and I love that he never claims to be.  He know his flaws. His logic at times is just hilarious.

“It might sound hypocritical to the women who have passed through my apartment door, but if they carried themselves with respect, I would have given it to them.”

I loved reading his thoughts and desires and how he just wanted to be the right man for Abby.

If you enjoyed Beautiful Disaster then this book is a must read for you. I would recommend if you haven’t read either then start with Beautiful Disaster first, because I think as in life, women always think a lot more than men do!!

“You can’t tell me what to do anymore, Travis! I don’t belong to you!”

Her words ignited a deep anger inside me. I stomped to the bed, planted my hands on the mattress on each side of her thighs, and leaned into her face.

“Well I belong to you!” I screamed. I put so much force behind my words, I could feel all my blood rush to my face. Abby met my glare, refusing to even flinch. I looked at her lips, panting. ” I belong to you,” I whispered.

*sigh*….the Epilogue was a perfect way to end this book.

Guest review by Karen Barr


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've read lots of mixed reviews of this one Blodeuedd and its certainly not everyone's cup of tea!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful review Karen, I haven't read Beautiful Disaster but your review makes me want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to read your review. I have wanted to read Beautiful Disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally AGREE about Midnight Sun! Loving this review -- will have to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure Stephanie Meyer will ever get around to it but I always thought it would have been an interesting story. I really enjoyed reading 'both sides of the story' in this case.

      Delete
  5. I have both of these books and now I can't wait to read them...loved the way you ended your review!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Staci...I look forward to hearing what you thought of these two.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box