Monday, February 17, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


A weekly event hosted by Sheila from Book Journey to discuss your reading week ~ the books you've read and those you plan on reading in the coming week. I love this meme, it helps me stay on track ... well, most of the time. Thanks Sheila!

Watched The Book Thief ... haven't read the book yet but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. More tears though, that's two tear-jerkers in a row ... Saving Mr Banks last week. So for those of you who have read The Book Thief and seen the movie, what did you think? Is it a good adaptation?  

#bookblogwalkers update #7: Felicia's Book Blog Walkers:
We've been spoilt with a week or two of slightly cooler weather and now the humidity is back, sapping energy & motivation.  

Walked 3 days in the 'hood' and 1 crazy shopping day. Found a new walk close to home, lots of trees and dappled shade, looked lovely but the heat and humidity was oppressive. Will re-visit this one when things cool down. 



*********** 

Reviews & Posts: (click on title)


3 favourites this week ... check them out, don't want you missing these beauties.

ME SINCE YOU by Laura Wiess ~ a 2014 favourite!! 

SOMEONE LIKE YOU by Victoria Purman (Boys of Summer #2) ~ *sigh* so good

DESERVING DEATH by Katherine Howell (Ella Marconi #7) ~ Katherine Howell does it again!

************

Finished last week:

THE PROMISE OF STARDUST by Priscille Sibley ~ so emotionally intense I could barely breathe

THE SUMMER QUEEN by Elizabeth Chadwick (audiobook) ~ excellent 

************

This Week's Reading List: 



THE ONE PLUS ONE by Jojo Moyes ~ page 100

THE DEBT OF TAMAR by Nicole Dweck 

THE KNIFE OF NEVER LETTING GO by Patrick Ness (audiobook) 

************

Reviews Coming:

THE RAIDER by Monica McCarty (Highland Guard #8) ~ review by Karen tonight

FEBRUARY OR FOREVER by Juliet Madison (Tarrin's Bay #2) ~ review Tue

LOST LAKE by Sarah Addison Allen ~ loved it review Thurs

EVENING STARS by Susan Mallery (Blackberry Island #3) ~ review & giveaway 25th




20 comments:

  1. Some good books coming up. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading Lost Lake right now. Me Since You is going on my TBR list!! Enjoy your walks. It will be awhile before I can do so outside with all our snow. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saving Mr. Banks had me crying too!! It was good to see Colin Farrel in a "good guy" role :) I am reading Mollie Cox Bryan's latest "Death of an Irish Diva" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must look up Laura Wiess! Me Since You. Know what you mean about humidity. Have fan going here, and wondering when it will cool - I could drive down to the beach but that takes time! Your tree path looks good for when humidity goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh - the humidity here has been around 90%, it is so horrible! I loved Someone Like You and The One Plus One is on my reading list for this week. Ill have to look up The Promise of Stardust.

    Have a great week!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd OUt

    ReplyDelete
  6. The heat and humidity is just draining and this weekend of all weekends our ducted air conditioning packed it in…..so frustrating.

    Looks like you have been on a roll with some enjoyable reads.

    I just saw the movie Philomena today with some friends for their birthdays…it was a tear jerker too but well worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your walking trail looks so gorgeous...I swear I would walk more if I could enjoy this path! LOL

    Good for you, though. And I like your book selections...must check out The Promise of Stardust.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Book Thief is the best book I've ever read, and I cried my eyes out both reading it and watching the movie :) Love your selection of books this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read the Book Thief, but not seen it.I've heard good things about the movie but am struggling to find time to go see it! Same with Saving Mr Banks. You can check out my Monday here
    http://www.kyliesreads.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a good week. I'm eager to see Saving Mr. Banks but will likely end up buying the DVD. I have pre-ordered The Book Thief too. I can't compare as I started but then abandoned the book. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a good week. Snow, snow, and more snow here, with three storms last week that dumped more than a foot. A smaller storm is coming tonight with another 1-3 inches.

    Can't wait to get my hands on Jojo Moyes's new novel--hope you enjoy it.

    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/02/sundays-weekly-book-recap-54.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for a new walk, I love finding new places

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty path! Looks like a great walking spot!

    I will need to check out the Debt of Tamar! sounds great!

    Have an awesome week! Oh and read more Mercy ;) Haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must have missed your review of Me Since You, will go read now. Laura Weiss is a great author, I find some of the early month books always end up favourites of the year, that is great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the rec of Me Since You-it sounds really interesting and I hope it can be a favorite for me this year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love looking at your picture as the snow falls and blows out my window. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a nice walking trail- hope it cools down for you soon! We're having the opposite problem- it was below zero here this morning. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my gosh, hasn't the humidity been horrid? it's such a killer.

    i am looking forward to what you think of the jojo moyes one :) happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would like to see The Book Theif and Mr. Banks. I've heard both were so good. I hope to read One Plus One. I hope you enjoy it and all of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You can't walk because of the heat and Ican't walk because of the cold or snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box