Monday, February 03, 2014

Winners Are Grinners & Book Blog Walkers Update #5



Felicia is the fearless leader of the Book Blog Walkers Challenge, committing to exercise and and heart health in 2014. 

#bookblogwalkers update #5 ... wow one month down, I can't believe it's February already. 

Last week was my toughest so far, I still walked 5 days out of 7 ... 45 mins each day with Bella but *blah* I really didn't feel like doing it. I walk just before dusk when it's cooler, about 2.5km around my neighbourhood. (above pic) 

The two days I didn't walk I spent standing in the kitchen cooking and cleaning after our freezer died leaving a ton (ok slight exaggeration) of defrosting food *ughh* no official exercise but I felt like I'd done a marathon ;)

During the week I stay close to home due to the time I walk and safety so on the weekend my partner and I try to walk somewhere a bit different, the beach, a new park. 

A few of you have mentioned walking DVD's and dancing so whilst my puppy Bella won't be happy, I probably need to change things up a bit ... boredom is a real motivation killer lol. How's everyone doing?



And now to the winners of the Australia Day Book Giveaway Blog Hop ... thanks to Shelleyrae @Book'd Out for another fantastic event showcasing our awesome Aussie authors!



THE WILD GIRL by Kate Forsyth ~ Faith Hope Cherrytea

THE HUSBAND'S SECRET by Liane Moriarty ~ Nara 



7 comments:

  1. Put on some music and just dance for 30 min! It is a great change up and something that is super easy to fit in. For me, it is totally a way to shake up my routine. Plus videos! I have started just taking my dogs out for strolls and not using that as my exercise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok thanks Felicia, I'm on it lol should be a fun way to get some exercise in without it seeming like exercise.

      Delete
  2. Good for you my friend!!!! And CONGRATS to the winners!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Julie!
      appreciate the good wishes ;)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Julie, got to be heart healthy and ready for a full on holiday in the UK later this year :)

      Delete
  3. Really impressed with the <3 health intentions ! and you've certainly done well at 45/day x 5 ? WoW! commitment .. changing it up even for 1 day will motivate I'm sure =)

    1 definitely =) grinning winner here ! TY soooo MUCH - a real treat to see my name in your winners list - TY ! I luvd the Hop - meeting AU authors totally new to me + discovering new bloggers - great combo - thx for participating Teddyree [emailing my reply]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol glad you're grinning, I hope you love Kate's book as much as I did and I hope you've got heaps more Aussie authors on your read list now :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box