Monday, May 26, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Scrappy Fun


A weekly event hosted by Sheila from Book Journey to discuss your reading week ~ the books you've read and those you plan on reading in the coming week. I love this meme, it helps me stay on track ... well, most of the time. Thanks Sheila! 

Srapbook retreat at Daisy Chain Scrapbooks was good fun as always ... relaxing, great company, laughs and creative time. I did scrap another layout to give my son and daughter in law (one I've already done of their wedding) and double-ups on the cards below. August retreat I'll be scrapbooking photos of my first grandchild :)


Callum's 19th Birthday - May 2013

So happy with how this one turned out - a Sue Tonga kit
changed a few things that didn't work with my photos
Photos from July 2011







#bookblogwalkers update #20: Felicia's Book Blog Walkers: I think this month will be tagged as Unmotivated May but the weather is lovely so I'm going to try hard this week :)  

*********** 

Reviews & Posts: (click on title)

THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES by Sue Monk Kidd (audiobook) ~ totally recommend this one, Jenna Lamia is a favourite narrator. 

FOUR FRIENDS by Robyn Carr ~ my 1st Robyn Carr and I loved it!!

************

Finished last week:

TEN BEACH ROAD by Wendy Wax ~ can't wait to read Ocean Beach

************

This Week's Reading List:


GOODNIGHT JUNE by Sarah Jio ~ page 70

THE INVENTION OF WINGS by Sue Monk Kidd (audiobook) ~ 50% done & loving it

ECHO IN THE BONE by Diana Gabaldon ~ chapter 5

************

Reviews Coming:

TAKE ME ON by Katie McGarry (Pushing the Limits #4) ~ West was a bit of a dick in the previous book, he jumped up some notches. Review Tue

BILLABONG BEND by Jennifer Scoullar ~ loved it. Review Thurs

THE WITNESS by Nora Roberts (audiobook) ~ the year for awesome audio!! 


21 comments:

  1. Our grandbabies will be here before we know it. Five weeks and counting for us. I've decided I will have to listen to Written In My Heart's Own Blood, then I won't have to put the new baby down! I can listen and hold him. LOL I am looking forward to Goodnight June. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were busy!! These are all gorgeous! LOVING the colors and designs!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Sara Jio is a new one for me. I got to her only very recently and liked the book. Got to keep looking out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous efforts from scrapbooking retreat. I loved this particular series by Wendy Wax, the new one comes out in a month or so. Name escapes me. Good luck with the walking - we have just hit our first cold spell, just raced home from school and lit the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you about May and being unmotivated - but there's still a few days left :-) Hope you enjoy all your reads this week!

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pages Sheree! I'm just starting Billabong Bend :)

    Have a great week
    Shelleyrae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful results from your retreat! Glad it was so much fun.

    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/05/weekly-book-recap-68.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely cards! I'm having a bit of a Nora Roberts week this week. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to get my copy of Goodnight June! Love Sarah Jio....and I hope you loved The Witness as much as I did.

    Such gorgeous scrapbooking creations! Truly awesome...and I am proud of you for your blogwalkers project. I need to do that!

    Thanks for visiting my blog...enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister absolutely loves The Secret Life of Bees although she usually sticks to YA, so I definitely want to check it out as well! I hope you enjoy Katie McGarry's novel, I still haven't read the 2nd book int he series! And the Celebration card looks absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you enjoy all of them!
    My Monday posts
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved The Secret Life of Bees. Have you read her latest book The Invention of Wings? It was wonderful.

    Have a terrific week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your scrapbook projects are lovely. The Secret Life of Bees looks quite good. Enjoy and have a wonderful week Teddyree.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a fun and creative week and this weeks books look like good ones too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful scrapbooking projects you have there! I used to scrapbook but not to the professional standard that you seem to do :)
    I can't wait to read Goodnight June, and I have The Invention of Wings on my kindle when I get a chance. Looks like some really good books this week, and congrats on the upcoming new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your scrapbook items are wonderful - as always. I have the Secret Life of Bees on audio to listen to some day. I haven't read Robyn Carr in a long time but I always liked her books. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will have to check out that audio book for Secret Life of Bees. I started listening to the audio of Saving CeeCee Honeycutt (also read by Jenna Lamia and set in the segregated South) and it is excellent so far. Sadly my CD player in my car decided to call it quits :(

    I loved The Invention of Wings. Glad you are enjoying it too. I also need to write my review for Take Me On soon. So behind on reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely loved Goodnight June - hope you do too! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your projects turned out beautifully! I love Wendy Wax's books. I went on a girls' getaway to Florida in April and we had lunch at the Don CeSar that was featured in Ten Beach Road. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always love to see your creativity at work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box