Monday, July 28, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


A weekly event hosted by Sheila from Book Journey to discuss your reading week ~ the books you've read and those you plan on reading in the coming week. I love this meme, it helps me stay on track ... well, most of the time. Thanks Sheila! 

Another busy week ... appointments, granddaughter time, (she's a month old today) I'm loving seeing my eldest son and daughter-in-law regularly, my youngest son and his girlfriend moved into a unit with a friend. Change is always a little daunting but I'm loving every minute of this new phase in my life. 





#bookblogwalkers update #28: Felicia's Book Blog Walkers: this week I did way better! Hard getting motivated when you've been slacking off. Yay for the fitbit, I had 2 days of 12,000 steps, 2 days reaching my target of 8000 steps and 3 days under.  

Mon: 30 min walk with Bella
Tue: no walk
Wed: 1 hour walk ... a little weary by the end of the day 
Thurs: no walk
Fri: 30 min walk with Bella
Sat: 15 min brisk walk
Sun: 30 min walk with granddaughter and Bella

*********** 

Giveaway:

THE GOLDEN WIDOWS by Isolde Martyn ~ 1 print copy. Ends 3rd August. AUST/NZ only. Enter here.









***********

Reviews & Posts: (click on title)

THE GOLDEN WIDOWS by Isolde Martyn ~ really enjoyed this historical! See giveaway.

CORDUROY LOST AND FOUND by B.G. Hennessy ~ my boys loved Corduroy when they were little and I still love this intrepid little bear.  And my 'Ted' gets a mention.

************

Finished last week:

THE HOUSE ON MERMAID POINT by Wendy Wax (Beach Road #3) ~ 4.5 stars 

************

This Week's Reading List: 


DETAINED by Ainslie Paton ~ OMG not what I expected but I'm loving it, so glad I read Kathryn's review and finally picked this one up.

THE ESCAPE ARTIST by Diane Chamberlain (audiobook) ~ chapter 15

A MAN CALLED OVE by Fredrik Backman ~ blaming this one on Shelleyrae @Book'd Out

THE GLASS KITCHEN  by Linda Francis Lee 

************

Reviews Coming: 

CODE NAME VERITY by Elizabeth Wein (audiobook) ~ heartachey good

DANCING ON KNIVES by Kate Forsyth ~ review Saturday

MAYBE SOMEDAY by Colleen Hoover ~ loved it!!

THE COLLECTOR by Nora Roberts (audiobook) ~ not up there with The Witness. A bit predictable and implausible but still enjoyable, good narration by Jenna Whalen. 



26 comments:

  1. Your new reads look very good. Love the Chamberlain cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my favourite Chamberlain Mystica, but still a good read

      Delete
  2. Very nice review of the Corduroy book, and that charity sounds great. It really is a great book and perfect for the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg ... We Give Books is a fabulous initiative, a win win for everyone!

      Delete
  3. I love adorable baby pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am swooning over the baby picture. I know you must be loving having a new granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely adorable - I so love them at this age - any age really, but they are so sweet. Pleased you are enjoying Detained - it was such fun and fast paced! I loved The Glass Kitchen too. I tried reading a Colleen Hoover book once - just didn't gel with it, not sure why. Everyone loves her books, can't work out why I didn't like the one I read - think it was just a novella. OOoh I am looking forward to Mermaid Point, it's on my actual shelf to be read, just need to make space for it. Have a great week. You did heaps of walking by the way. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are blaming Ove on Shelley, then I'm blaming it on you! LOL. I can't wait to read it.

    Here's my It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to reading The Man Called Ove.
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  8. How is she already a month old?!?!?!?!? Time flies!!! She is just PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your granddaughter is gorgeous!! I am a wannabe photographer too. I am looking into my first "big girl" camera. Maybe the Rebel T3? Price is a factor.
    The book blog walkers looks great! I will look into joining up.
    You have a ton of great books reviewed & waiting in the wings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my granddaughter was a great incentive, I've been 'playing' with photography for years and finally decided to get serious this year and bought a Nikon D610 full frame camera, I am officially IN LOVE :) Big discount buying online but still a jump in budget from the Fuji's I've always owned. The online site comes recommended by professional photographers ... Digital World International DWI

      Hope to see you at Book Blog Walkers ... I love it, keeps me accountable and kind of motivated HA

      Delete
  10. Oh she's so beautiful, Sheree! I walk my granddaughter as well - so much fun and lots more fitbit steps :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your upcoming reads look good! Hope you enjoy. Have a great week!

    My Monday Post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooohhhh your grandbaby is just ridiculously cute. Keep her photos coming!

    Enjoy your reading week! Looks like some good stuff :)

    Definitely skip Lily Bard and stick with Sookie and Harper, LOL much better

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice looking assortment of books and really cute granddaughter. Enjoy those precious moments with her. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, such a cute grandbaby! Hope you enjoy all your reading coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your granddaughter is beautiful. My girls have left the nest and my son refuses to leave..LOL I am loving this period in my girls lives.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, baby time is wonderful! Two of my grandchildren (Fiona and Noah) each lived (separately) in my guesthouse from the time they were babies until they were four. Precious time! I think I am much closer now to those two because of it. Enjoy!

    I am eager to start reading The House on Mermaid Point....thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am happy to take the blame Sheree, it is wonderful!,

    Enjoy!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to start the beach series by Wendy Wax but my library doesn't have these books so I think I will have to buy the first one to get started.
    A Man Called Ove I have heard is a satisfying read. I read the review by Kathryn at Book Date about that author, sounds sizzling and intense. Might have to read more about her.
    Enjoy time with the baby--that photo of her is just too gorgeous for words!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you loved Maybe Someday. Time with the grand baby is the best! It will be sad for me when my daughter goes back to work. Six weeks to go, the last six flew by so fast. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your granddaughter is just beautiful Teddyree, I can't believe she's a month old already. Your photos are gorgeous. Can't wait to see the layouts you scrap.

    You are reading so many books that are tempting me at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She could not be more beautiful, Sheree!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box