Monday, September 29, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


A weekly event hosted by Sheila from Book Journey to discuss your reading week ~ the books you've read and those you plan on reading in the coming week. I love this meme, it helps me stay on track ... well, most of the time. Thanks Sheila! 

On the home front: 
The Robbie Williams Swing Tour was amazing, he's such an entertainer. Quite a few old favourites, old songs from music greats like Sinatra and some new Robbie songs like Go Gentle, a promise to his daughter Teddy.  Angel is one of my all time favourite Robbie songs.


Today my dad and I are on our way to a family funeral interstate, my Aunt passed away a few short weeks after a diagnosis of Pancreatic cancer. Looking forward to seeing uncles, aunts and cousins, (dad is one of 8) but it's sad it isn't for a happy occasion. It's been a chaotic week arranging last minute flights and car hire but worth it to avoid a 30 hour drive. I won't be around much until later in the week. 


`

#bookblogwalkers update #36: Felicia's Book Blog Walkers: love that so many of my friends are doing Felicia's challenge to move and get healthy. If you also have a fitbit and want to add me, let me know :) 

Boy did I work up a sweat carrying Mia on one of my walks, she's only little but it's amazing the difference an extra 5kg makes. She slept the whole way while I toughed it out lol

Mon: car trip to Toowoomba (4241 steps) 
Tue:  30 min walk (7283 steps)
Wed: no walk, exercises at home (8049 steps)
Thurs: 30 min walk with Bella &  15 min exercises (10,213 steps)
Fri: Huge day, 45 min walk with Mia & Bella (17,724 steps) 
Sat: 30 min walk with Bella (8202 steps)
Sun: busy day getting ready to travel to NSW (14,263 steps)


*********** 

Giveways: 


SELDOM COME BY & COME WHAT MAY by Sherryl Caulfield ~ Book 1 & 2 of the epic Iceberg Trilogy. 1 print copy of each and it's INTERNATIONAL. Enter hereLAST DAYS







BITTER GREENS by Kate Forsyth ~ 1 print copy. US only. Enter here
Historical fiction/Fairytale Re-telling. Pure magic! LAST DAYS









*********** 

Reviews & Posts: (click on title)

ACCIDENTS OF MARRIAGE by Randy Susan Meyers ~ intense, emotional, loved it!

IN YOUR DREAMS by Kristan Higgins (Blue Heron #4) ~ guest review by Karen, 5 stars

************

Finished last week:

THE TIME OF SINGING by Elizabeth Chadwick (William Marshall #4) ~ enjoyable

************

This Week's Reading List:  

THE BREWER'S TALE by Karen Brooks ~ page 75

BIG LITTLE LIES by Lianne Moriarty (audiobook) ~ library borrowbox

************

Reviews Coming: 

OUTBACK GHOST by Rachael Johns (Bunyip Bay #3) ~ my favourite of the series

LARGER THAN LIFE by Jodi Picoult (novella prequel to Leaving Time) ~ excellent, made me cry.

THE DARKEST HOUR by Barbara Erskine (audiobook) ~ great, love Barbara Erskine



12 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun at the concert ... and so sorry for your loss ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the loss in your family. It is nice to see family but sad when that is the reason.

    I hope you have a good week this week. I loved Big Little Lies and I liked your review of Accidents of Marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also sorry for your loss.

    Glad you enjoyed Robbie - a friend of mine went and loved it!

    Am looking forward to hearing more about some of your upcoming books! A few interesting ones there. (And I need to do something about the blog walking thing!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a fun concert. Sorry to hear about your aunt, safe travels...

    Big Little Lies looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your family's loss, safe travels to the funeral. Glad you had fun at the concert. I can only push Cole in a stroller, back can't handle carrying him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear of your aunt's death, one of eight - will be a big funeral. A sad but good time, when the strength of family can be appreciated in a different way.

    Awesome walking, you inspire me every day when I see those steps.

    So many books I recognise. Outback Ghost I totally fell for. Loved it. I should really get back to reading Jodi Picoult, perhaps I'll read this novella and get back to her with the one coming up.

    I love Liane Moriarty's books on audio, but I am going to read Blig Little Lies in book form, it's on its way to me.

    Take carel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for your loss. Did I understand that she died three weeks ago. Are funerals generally so long in arranging. We do funerals here overnight or just two days maximum so was wondering about this aspect. When the elder people die one does realise how the family network is diminishing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for your loss.

    But Robbie! very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Larger than Life and plan to read it soon...as well as Accidents of Marriage.

    So sorry about your loss....sometimes we only see family members at times like these.

    Hope you love Big Little Lies.

    How great that Mia can "walk" with you!

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry for your loss Sheree.

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for your loss. Pancreatic Cancer seems to be making the rounds as of late. This is the third blog today that has mentioned it. :-(

    Guy Vestal @ Counter Culture Critic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mia is such a cutie! I should take my little girl for some walks before it gets too cold.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. I hope being with your family softens the pain just a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box