Monday, October 20, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


A weekly event hosted by Sheila from Book Journey to discuss your reading week ~ the books you've read and those you plan on reading in the coming week. I love this meme, it helps me stay on track ... well, most of the time. Thanks Sheila! 

On the home front:
Feeling better but the awful virus all the family seems to have had, is a tenacious one, damn it. Anyway ... packing, getting organised and having my precious granddaughter for a last sleepover has taken precedence. In other words ... bad blogger I am!  





`

#bookblogwalkers update #39: Felicia's Book Blog Walkers: love that so many of my friends are doing Felicia's challenge to move and get healthy. If you also have a fitbit and want to add me, let me know :) 

:( no walks with Bella but got lots of steps in shopping and getting organised for trip. There'll be lots of walks and castle stairs in England & Scotland. 

Mon: 15,000 steps
Tue: 8098 steps
Wed: 11,792 steps 
Thurs: 8392 steps
Fri: 9771 steps
Sat: 8665 steps
Sun: 5430 steps

*********** 

Reviews & Posts: (click on title)

THE BREWER'S TALE by Karen Brooks ~ fascinating read

************

Finished last week:

THE SILENT SISTER by Diane Chamberlain ~ loved it 4.5 stars 

BIG LITTLE LIES by Lianne Moriarty (audiobook) ~ library borrowbox. Couldn't stand some of the mean-girl school mums to start with but but ended up really enjoying this one. 

************

This Week's Reading List: 


apologies in advance to some of my favourite authors for reviews after publication ... they will get done, just later than I'd hoped.

THE TUDOR VENDETTA by C.W. Gortner (The Spymaster Chronicles #3) ~ 60% done and enjoying it, will finish on flight to UK ... how fitting.  

OUR KIND OF LOVE by Victoria Purman (Boys of Summer #3) 

THE WINTER CROWN by Elizabeth Chadwick (Eleanor of Aquitaine #2) ~ (audiobook) can't wait to listen to this one while travelling

************

Reviews Coming: 

LARGER THAN LIFE by Jodi Picoult (novella prequel to Leaving Time) ~ excellent, made me cry

15 comments:

  1. Am hearing good things about The Sikent Sister.... And did not know there was a prequel novella to Leaving Time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked The Silent Sister too. Hope that virus goes on its way very soon to the middle of the Outback very soon where no one lives . Have a great time in the UK, will look forward to hearing about it when you are back. Gorgeous photos of Mia. Great walking achieved. Walking airports will put in the steps too! Bon voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip and that you feel 100% better.

    I am glad you liked Big Little Lies. Looks like you have some good books for your trip too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just soooooo precious!! Glad you got some extra time with her!! 2 more days!!! YAYYYY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, great photos of Mia! You are going to enjoy your trip, but you will miss her.

    I also hated the "mean-girl mums" in Big Little Lies, but loved the book and felt victorious in the end.

    I need to read Larger Than Life, as I hope to finally get Leaving Time this week.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Starting The Silent Sister this week. Have a wonderful trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry that nasty virus affected the whole family! Spend four days/nights with Cole as we were all away together. Mia is so adorable. I may be one of the last ones to get to Big Little Lies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you've been sick and even worse it affected the whole family. I don't like being sick but it's even worse when everyone's sick because I can't get any rest. Hope everyone is better. Diane Chamberlain is on my authors I need to read list. I've heard Silent Sister is great. Love your pics! What a cutie! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Winter Crown series looks good! Great idea to get up and get walking!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2 days to the UK! Awesome- have a great trip. I got sick this weektoo, but luckily it's passing quickly. Feel better and enjoy the trip!

    Both Big Little Lies and The Tudor vendetta sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a spectacular trip Sheree, hopefully your illness won't travel with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Brewer's Tale sounds a wonderful one. Have a great trip and will look forward to your tales when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Brewer's Tale looks like a good read! I read the review and think I'd enjoy it.
    I could stare at photos of that cute baby face all day, lol, what a cutie! :)
    Hope you shake the virus and have an uneventful travel to U.K. Share photos please when you get home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box