Author: Jill Shalvis
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Animal Magnetism #6
Publication Date: 7th April 2015
Book Source: Own purchase
Synopsis: Darcy Stone is game for anything — except sexy Navy veteran and physical therapist A.J. Colten, the guy who'd rejected her when she'd needed him most. Now the shoe is on the other foot and he needs her to play nice and help him secure grants for his patients. Unfortunately, Darcy can't refuse. She needs the money to fund her passion project: rescuing S&R dogs and placing them with emotionally wounded soldiers.
A.J. admits it — Darcy is irresistible. But he's already been battle-scarred by a strong-willed, vivacious, adventurous woman like Darcy, and he's not making the same mistake twice—until he and Darcy are forced to fake a relationship. Growing closer than they'd ever imagined possible, Darcy and AJ have to ask themselves: how much between them is pretend? What's the real thing? And where does it go from here?
My love for this series continues unabated
Last year I gave you 5 Reasons not to miss Then Came You, book 5 in the Animal Magnetism series. Just in case you didn't get on board back then, here's 5 more :)
1. Winning combo - heat, heart and humour and let's not forget cute animals. What can I say I'm a sucker for cute animals ;)
Gertie, Bean, and "boner" squawking parrot Peanut are back and of course there's Oreo who was rescued in the last book.
2. Belle Haven Veterinary Clinic and the Sunshine Wellness Centre would have to be one of my favourite settings in romantic fiction history. After all this is where
the hot guys are, *cough* the hot stuff
happens. What I'm trying to say is this is where the cute animals and
3. I've been dying for Darcy to get her HEA with physical therapist AJ since meeting them in Then Came You. AJ was Darcy's therapist after the accident that almost killed her. She's got trust issues, she's prickly and difficult and snarky and stubborn but it was only towards the end that stubborn turned stupid and I really wanted to slap her. I love that she spends every cent rescuing Search and Rescue dogs and placing them as a carer dogs.
4. AJ is awesome, he's sweet, patient and caring but tough too. I loved the snarky banter between Darcy and AJ but neither of them actually 'communicate' well with words and sometimes the push and pull got a bit angsty. But hey that can be true in real life so I forgave Shalvis. Besides AJ is hot and there's lots of "wild monkey sex."
5. It's formulaic, somewhat clichéd (some are painful) but it still works! (would I lie to you?)
Connect with Jill Shalvis