Monday, July 11, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Memories Of Taleah



A weekly event hosted by Sheila from Book Journey to discuss your reading week ~ the books you've read and those you plan on reading in the coming week. Thanks Sheila :)

A week full of emotion & memories; happy and sad. Thanks to all my bloggy friends for your comments on my post about Taleah's 21st remembrance, your hugs and thoughtfulness really means a lot. A very special thank you to my best friend Alaine; it's such a comfort to spend time with someone that you don't have to explain anything to because they just understand, and of course to Callum and Mike for being sweet and caring and there for me.

Bare with me while I share some photos; these memories are beyond special, the ones we create after a baby dies no matter how many years pass, are all we have to share. 


Taleah's 21st card

a special time with special people


Wellington Point pier looked beautiful
release of lantern for Taleah

and now to books :)
Current Giveaways:

Win 2 copies of The Last Letter by Kathleen Shoop ~ a riveting and harrowing historical fiction ~ enter here.


I'm also participating in Decadent Publishing's YA Blog Stomp, there's loads of giveaways and a Kindle up for grabs so click on the button above to find out more. The YA Blog Stomp will stop at The Eclectic Reader on Tuesday!

I posted review for:

The Restorer by Amanda Steven ~ 4.5 stars and what's looking like a favourite new urban fantasy series

************

Finished last week:

INITIATION by Rebecca Royce ~ review and giveaway Tuesday

************

This Week's Reading List:


ABITHICA by Susan Goldsmith ~ page 30

LOVE STORY by Jennifer Echols

TOUCH OF A THIEF by Mia Marlowe ~ the lovely Mia sent me this one and Im so looking forward to reading it.

************

Reviews to post:

ORDINARY BEAUTY by Laura Wiess (review scheduled this week)

THE TASTE OF APPLE by James Laidler

A STORM CALLED KATRINA by Myron Uhlberg (review scheduled this week)

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful photographs, thank you for sharing. I hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy your books.
    My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was a lovely evening and the photos are just so nice! Can't wait to scrap them. Glad I could help, I know how hard the times are. Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the pictures... a beautiful memorial!

    I am unfamiliar with the YA Blog Stomp but super curious now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your tribute. Thank you so much for sharing that part of your life with us all! *hugs*

    I'm hoping to squeeze in Love Story as well at some point this week.

    Hope you have a fabulous reading week and if you get a second stop my to see what I've been reading at There's A Book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a special mama! May you find peace and solace in your reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely memories can help heal the pain...as well as wonderful friends and family. My thoughts are with you.

    Enjoy your reading!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a blessing to have family and friends who care and are with you always. Taleah is a beautiful name! I hope you have a great week ahead. **Hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful tribute. Thank you for sharing. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, now and always!!

    Dollycas

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. your tribute for taleah is completely stunning and heart-breaking. thanks so much for sharing. and, as always, your whole family looks gorgeous ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos as always. I think the lantern helps lift your heart and spirits too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you have truly great friends taking care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like it was a very special day albeit a sad one. Love the idea of the lantern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box