Friday, February 22, 2013

Short & Sweet Review ~ My One and Only by Kristan Higgins

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: 29th March 2011
Pages: 384
Book Source: Own purchase

Synopsis: Just when she thought she had life and love all figured out…

Divorce attorney Harper James can’t catch a break. Bad enough that she runs into her ex-hubby, Nick, at her sister’s destination wedding, but now, by a cruel twist of fate, she’s being forced to make a cross-country road trip with him. And her almost-fiancé back at home is not likely to be sympathetic.

Harper can’t help that Nick has come blazing back into her life in all of his frustratingly appealing, gorgeous architect glory. But in Nick’s eyes, Harper’s always been the one. If they can only get it right this time, forever might be waiting—just around the bend.



My Thoughts:
If you like your Happy Ever Afters served up with a big helping of funny, ballsy, frustrating, heartwarming and a side dish of adorable pooch then you'll love Kristan Higgins.

Harper made me laugh, cringe and cry, she's cynical, abrasive, a bit of a ball-breaker but that's just her turtle exterior, the hard shell protects emotional vulnerability. 

"Poor little mite. Always so afraid of someone leavin' that you never let anyone get close."

1 ex-husband
1 almost-fiance
1 dog
1 wedding - half sister to ex-husband's brother
1 road trip

Sound complicated? haha just a little and hilarious, as hot, sanctimonious ex-husband Nick and Harpy Harper work their way through recriminations,  if only's and a ton of baggage. 

Find Kristan Higgins on website, facebook, twitter

PS. Embarrassing myself with OTT enthusiasm but ... squee I'm beyond excited I'll meet Kristan in a week when she heads to Australia for ARRC 2013. 





18 comments:

  1. No way!!!!! You are gonna meet her!?!??!!? JEALOUS!!!! I haven't read this one yet!! Will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES way!! If I'm honest Harper starts off a little unlikeable but that soon changed lol

      Delete
  2. Sounds fun :D And YAY for getting to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how great you'll get to meet KH! I've had this book on my kindle for a while and look forward to reading it. Loved your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, this one grew on me where as Somebody To Love was insta love :)

      Delete
  4. Ok - Now I have another title to add to my want to read soon list! Thanks for sharing - sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it Martha and I can wholeheartedly recommend Somebody To Love too :)

      Delete
  5. 5 more sleeps Teddyree....can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woohoo Karen, so glad I'm now a Kristan Higgins fan girl, thanks for introducing me :)

      Delete
  6. I am listening to one of Hannah's books right now as well. She is usually a good read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both Kristan Higgins and Kristin Hannah, both KH but this one is a Higgins Sheila ;)

      Delete
  7. that's awesome!!! Have a fabulous time at ARRC 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny, it was brilliant. We were like kids in a candy shop :)

      Delete
  8. I so adore your reviews!! I loved this one big time and can't wait for you to meet Higgins. I'm looking forward to the sign!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Staci, I think it's mutual review adoration :)

      Delete
  9. BTW..there is no such thing as too much OTT!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box