Thursday, August 01, 2013

Surrender To Sultry by Macy Beckett

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Sultry Springs #3
Publication Date: 6th August 2013
Pages: 320
Book Source: Sourcebooks & NetGalley

Synopsis: Leah McMahon is back in Sultry Springs, Texas to help her dad recover from surgery. But there's a new sheriff in town and he's none other than Colton Bea, the wild-as-weeds boy who stole her heart a decade earlier. Colt's a changed man now, and the feelings between these high school sweethearts are stronger than ever. But Leah's got a secret so devastating that he may never forgive her. Can she find a way to earn absolution and build a future with the sultry man she's loved half her life?

Karen's Thoughts:
I reviewed the first two books in this series and was really looking forward to this third and final installment. 

At 10pm I decided to read just a little bit of Surrender to Sultry ... my four kids had a pupil free day the following day - no school, so what harm in a little late night reading. Bad move, next thing I knew it was 1 am and I really didn't want to put this book down!

There’s a lot squeezed into Surrender to Sultry, some swooning, a bit of laughter, a little sadness and plenty of heartbreak but I think this one may actually be my favourite of the three. 

I had a few concerns but nothing that took away my enjoyment of the book.  Yes, I felt it was wrapped up a little too quickly and in reality Colt wouldn't be so quick to forgive but an author only has so many pages to fit a story into and Macy Beckett has created a wonderful story. 

I’m a little sorry that this is the final book and hold out some hope that the author may revisit this lovely town and its people down the track.

Guest Review by Karen Barr


Connect with Macy Beckett


Pop back on Tuesday for a fun Q&A with Macy Beckett
 and a giveaway!!




14 comments:

  1. Sounds AWESOME!! Will have to check this series out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get a chance to read this series Julie, I quite enjoyed it. Macy's definitely an order I will be waiting for what comes next.

      Delete
  2. I did like it too, and tried not to think about the thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder what she did? was it unforgivable? Depends on what it was ... I guess that might affect my enjoyment of the story. Thanks for another great review Karen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm you'll have to read and see Teddyree, I would love your take on 'the thing'...thanks for having me yet again.

      Delete
  4. I'm very curious about the secret "thing." Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mean to sound so mysterious about 'the thing' Diana, but it was too much of a spoiler to give it all away. Hope you get to read this series.

      Delete
  5. This eries sounds cute and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say this series is definitely worth a read Mandy.

      Delete
  6. I so loved your review of this one, Karen!! I have book two on my Kindle from NetGalley. I'm going to look up the first one because I think I will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the day might come that you don't like something I've loved...but I think you'll be very pleased with Macy's Sultry series!

      Delete
  7. YOu know a book is good when you can't put it down even when you know you need sleep! This series sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I have to turn my bedside clock around the other way so I can't see what time it is!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box