Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Review: Six Degrees by Honey Brown

Title: Six Degrees: The Power of Attraction Connects Us All 
Author: Honey Brown
Genre: Romance 
Publication Date: 1st August 2015
Pages: 269
Book Source: Jane Curry Publishing

Synopsis: Emotion, seduction and passion wind through six intricately connected stories, where strong Australian women embrace their most intimate desires, and the men are more than just their suit and tie. 

Apparent strangers are bound together by one tragic event, the effect of which is felt from the urban streets of Sydney to the dusty bars of Western Australia.

My Thoughts: 
I've had a love affair with Honey Brown or should I say her writing, since Dark Horse blew my mind and Through the Cracks had me tasting despair. They're darkly disturbing psychological thrillers. Six Degrees is a complete departure from her previous works but with the same expressive yet restrained style that grabs and keeps the pages turning. 

Knowing from the synopsis that the six stories are somehow connected, I was curious reading each whether the connection would come across as forced or convenient. No and No. It's clever and smooth and brings a cohesiveness to what would otherwise be random short stories about desire. 

My favourites were the first story and the third. The first was HOT and just a bit naughty and that's all I'm saying about it and the third, well it's the fly fishing story. Yep you read that right. 

Fishing in my book (when you don't catch anything) is up there with watching grass grow or paint dry. Fly fishing and sexy are two words I would never use in the same sentence. But Tasha and Daryl's story is beautiful and sexy and very, very sensual. So, hang on a minute while I eat my words.

This is probably completely left field but the sexual attraction in Six Degrees reminded me of the weather in Dark Horse ... a character in itself. 

Six Degrees is a fun and very satisfying read about the power of sexual attraction and our intrinsic need to feel emotionally and physically connected. 


Connect with Honey Brown
  Facebook 





18 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your review. This sounds like an author that I simply must read!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you absolutely must Karen lol. I have it in paperback, you can borrow ... next scrapbook retreat? If you haven't already purchased :)

      Delete
  2. Sure sounds really good, and like Karen love the review. Very entertaining!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn. Have you read any of Honey Brown's? I think you'd really like her writing style.

      Delete
  3. Am very intrigued! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you get your hands on a copy of this one Deb, interested to see what you think.

      Delete
  4. Author and book new to me. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Mystica, hope you get an opportunity to pick up one of Honey's books at some stage, maybe when you're back in Australia.

      Delete
  5. Great review - I also found the connection between the stories to be smooth and clever, and I liked how Honey tapped into something that's fundamental to most humans. I wrote my review yesterday as well - it's at Write Note Reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Honey is one of my favourite Australian authors. I'll be over to check out your review :)

      Delete
  6. Snort..ok I want to read this just to see how fly fishing is sexy..lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this one too, it was HOT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box