Sunday, July 06, 2008

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet

Sundays at Tiffany's My Rating: 3 of 5 stars Pages: 320 I loved Sam's Letters to Jennifer and Susan's Diary to Nicholas so I was hoping that Sundays at Tiffany's would be of the same calibre. The novel's byline; 'what if your imaginary friend is your one true love?' had me intrigued and expecting a whimsical, romantic read, but sadly, Sundays at Tiffany's just didn't do it for me. Now I'm fairly easy to please but I found the prose confectionery sweet and either Patterson or Charbonnet appeared to have a fetish for mentioning brand names, "her hair smelled of Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo" "...ties from Bergdorf Godman", "his navy blue Ralph Lauren suit" - who cares. I liked the characters but I didn't feel a real connection with Jane & Michael, I felt they lacked depth (that may have been helped along by the Patterson's typical 2 - 3 pages to a chapter.) This was an OK read, very quick and light but overall I found it disappointing. View all my reviews.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box