Monday, November 17, 2008

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Genre: YA Fantasy
Series: The Twilight Saga #1
My Rating: 5 stars
Read: November 2008

Twilight has become a phenomenon, a dream of Stephanie Meyer's transformed into a bestseller.

After every man, woman and dog (okay, slight exaggeration) had been sucked into the twilight vortex, I finally surrendered to peer pressure (from my over 40 Aunt) and devoured "a vampire story for people who don’t like vampire stories."

I must admit, the plot of hot vampire Edward Cullen, falling for ordinary girl Bella Swan, was extremely appealing.

The book is marketed at Young Adult readers but as a 'mature' adult myself, I think Twilight has the ability to transcend age barriers and satisfy teenagers and adults alike.

A thoroughly enjoyable read which had me almost longing to be a vampire; obviously only of the 'good' vampire variety, strictly non-human consuming. I loved Twilight and cannot wait to read the rest in the series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box