Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Moon by Stephanie Meyer

Genre: YA Fantasy
Series: The Twilight Saga #2
My Rating: 5 stars
Read: November 2008

Totally Addicted...what can I say.

I was prepared to be disappointed, prepared to point out that I couldn't see what all the hoo haa was about but I am hopelessly addicted to Bella & Edward's story.

I must admit I was just a tad devastated that Edward featured so little in this book but I also understand that New Moon was a building block for what was to come. A bridge if you like, to Eclipse.

As someone who has felt broken from loss, I felt a kindred spirit in Bella and found her climb out of depression very relatable.

While disappointed over the absence of one hot vampire there was plenty in New Moon to keep the heart rate up and the pages turning. Bella finds strength in her friendship with Jacob Black and pulls together a semblance of her life while Jacob phases into a werewolf bringing the Quileute legends to the fore.

New Moon has a very different edge to the suspense & passion, one that leaves you wanting more, wishing for things to happen while hoping that the story drags on, to draw out and savour every moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box