Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dewey's Love Your Local Library Mini Challenge

Another fun challenge - thanks for helping me stay awake The Curious Reader 1. What is the name of your local library? What city is it located in? Garden City Library in Brisbane, Australia 2. How often do you go to the library? If you're a regular, do the staff know you? I used to be a regular, borrowing 20 books at a time, then I turned over a psychotic new leaf and decided I just had to have the books sitting on my shelf. 18 months of buying has filled the bookshelves (bad book addict.) But I'm going to turn over another new leaf and return to borrowing. I'll get brownie points from my hubby and my bank account will breathe a sigh of relief. Besides the library now has paranormals *shock* - our library got cool in my 18 months away!! 3. Do you browse while you're there or just pick up items you have placed on reserve? Always browse, I never place anything on reserve because by the time the book became available, it had moss growing on it. LOL 4. What is your favorite thing about your local library? It's Free!!!!!!!! unless of course you don't get your books back on time and then you have to pay overdue fees and you may as well have just bought the book LOL

8 comments:

  1. I've been going back and forth of buying versus borrowing books. I love to own them, but don't have much money or space for lots of books. So, I've been shifting back to more borrowing too :)

    Good luck with the Read-a-Thon!
    Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband thinks I'm crazy just with all the books I check out from the library - I can't imagine what he'd do if I bought them! lol
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool mini-challenge! Libraries should always get more love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the same favourite thing about the library. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reallu, paranormals, wow, your library is so much cooler. But we do have two Kelley Armstrong books, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from the other side of the world!
    Good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon and have fun! Don't let the toothpicks propping your eyes up poke you too much. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. O my I wish we have our local library here. Unfortunately the local here don't have time to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you are having a great read-a-thon so far - way to go! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box