Monday, April 26, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



A weekly event hosted by Sheila from One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books to discuss your reading week ~ the books you've read and those you plan on reading in the coming week.

An emotional and busy week with appointments, our new puppy Bella, the 2nd anniversary of my mothers death and the usual family chaos. I did manage to finish one book and I'm almost half way through The Reckoning and really enjoying it. Unfortunately I wasn't as successful with my review backlog, and I'm laying the blame for that on the run in I had with a cockroach on steroids, check out this post if you feel like a giggle at my expense - Teddyree vs Super Roach. Ok I confess, I've just been busy and incredibly unmotivated and slack so in the hope of breaking the review drought, I've scheduled 2 reviews this week, even though they're not actually done. If a post pops up with nothing on it, other than a cover picture you'll know that this tact failed miserably. LOL wish me luck :-)

Thanks to all the friends who left lovely omments on mum's anniversary and to Christina from Reading Thru The Night who cracked me up with her comment. I'm undecided, based on the Great Cockroach Caper should I stick with Teddyree or adopt Christina's suggestion Wonder Woman of Insecticide?

************

Completed Last Week:

STARGAZER by Claudia Gray

************

This Week's Reading List:


THE RECKONING by Kelley Armstrong - page 156 (ooh it's good)

NEED by Carrie Jones

THE MIDWIFE'S TALE by Gretchen Moran Laskas

************

Reviews scheduled for this week:

MY LOVE LIES BLEEDING by Alyxandra Harvey

STARGAZER by Claudia Gray



23 comments:

  1. What did you think of Stargazer? I didn't even realise you'd read that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Need! And I finally bought The Summoning this week so I can find out what all the hype is about with this series. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very curious to hear about Need. And glad you cracked a smile. :)

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alaine ~ Stargazer is the one I've been reading for the last 3 weeks, not because it wasn't good, just because I havent been getting much reading done. It was pretty good, not earth shattering, but still good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by to say Hello. Sound like things have been emotional. Sorry to hear about your Mom-Always tough to remember.

    Hang in there. Post when you feel ready. We are here ready to read when you are :)

    -CYM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Manda ~ glad to hear you loved Need, I'm looking forward to it. Take my advice & order The Awakening ASAP, you'll be kicking yourself if you don't have it to go on with when you've finished The Summoning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christina ~ you made me laugh out loud, just what I needed.

    Cym ~ thanks, hope to pop by your blog soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your reading this week...now we need to come up with a super hero outfit for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like some great reading coming up this week.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sure was an emotional week but you did manage to read something.

    Musings/Whereabouts

    ReplyDelete
  11. good luck with your review teddyree!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Midwives Tale sounds interesting. Hope your week is better. I have been behind as well and am working to catch up.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sheree!Cant wait to read your review on my love lies bleeding =)I'm thinking about getting the book soon to read.

    and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey girl..

    Hope this week turns out better for you...

    I know the not reviewing feeling and hope you snap out of it soon... That said sometimes it's nice just to read and not have to review a book..

    Happy and blessed week to you..

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to read Captivate and Need, and I want Reckoning too. Glad you are liking it Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting collection of books. I could use a laugh, and I got one reading about your cockroach. I had a lizard once (in my house in the foothills) that lingered for almost a month, while we tried to capture and kill it. I was spraying it with all kinds of things. It grew VERY large while we tried to catch and eliminate it.

    My oldest son even named it (Lizardo DaVinci). It was in the computer room where he spent a lot of time, and he says it would appear suddenly, staring at him!

    Eek is right!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I have to read about the cockroach encounter....LOL

    Sounds like you had a crazy week and I so happy you still made it to join us on the Monday What Are You Reading meme. I love reading your post and seeing what you read.

    Those anniversary's are hard. Hugs from Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bought Need recently and I'm dying to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. midwife's tale looks interesting. i have heard such good things about the reckoning! sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Here's hoping for a peaceful week for you (with lots of reading!)

    Here is my Monday: http://thelostentwife.net/2010/04/25/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-18

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't read Evernight yet but the Claudia Gray series does sound interesting. I'm already reading several vampire series so I may wait to read it. Sometimes the bloodsucking just gets to be too much and I need to read about someone without fangs :)

    I liked Need and Captivate. I hope you enjoy the series. I love the covers of these books. I will be looking for your review of My Love Lies Bleeding. I liked it and I'm eagerly awaiting Blood Feud.

    I hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd totally stick the backlog blame on that cockroach! Happy reading this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can I blame the bug too?! I have a draft backlog that peeks out every now and then but then I change the page.
    Maybe you can try quick reviews. Every review does not have to be perfect and thought provoking. Easy to say but not easy to do :)

    Hang in there sweet pea! Talk to you later. How was scrapping day?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box