Monday, December 28, 2009

2009 Wrap-Up - Back Soon




This has been a wonderful year of blogging, new friendships, fun challenges and of course loads of reading. Whilst it hasn't been a good year health wise I am so grateful for the friendship and support I've received from my online friends. I was lucky enough to get a kindle for Christmas *happy dance* so in 2010 I'll be expanding my reading horizons with e-books and just a few new challenges :-)

I'm having surgery tomorrow and will be in hospital for a few days so this will be my last post for the year. I hope to be back on my blog some time in early January depending on how I'm feeling. See you all then!

In 2009 I:
  • read 110 books
  • reviewed 103 books
  • completed 9 challenges
  • bombed out on 3 challenges
  • participated in Dewey's 24 hr Read-a-thon
  • did 5 author interviews
Challenges completed:
100 + Reading Challenge
1st in a Series Challenge
Books into Movies Challenge
Childhood Favourites Challenge
Chunkster Challenge
Historical Fiction Challenge
Love Bites Challenge
Suspense/Thriller Challenge
YA Challenge

Challenges not completed:
TBR Challenge - 4/12
Books Vs Movies Challenge - 2/6
Royal Romance Challenge - 4/7

2009 was the year of awesome Young Adult fiction - here's review links to some of my favourites.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Graceling by Kristen Cashore
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Willow by Julia Hoban
The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

My favourite reads of 2009 across all genres can be found here.




Happy New Year to everyone, hope 2010 is safe, healthy and happy for you and your loved ones.

{{Hugs}}


To celebrate blogging friendships & my birthday two lucky readers can take their pick from a choice of 6 books in my Dec/Jan giveaway. Check this blog post for details. International entrants welcome.

32 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and will visit you in hospital on Wednesday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be thinking of you too!

    You have a great year before you with that kindle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for your health and I hope the surgery goes well and you are back to blogging and reading and being as Awesome as you are in the blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything goes well tommorow! Have a wonderful NEW YEAR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all goes well!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope and pray that your surgery goes well and all the very best for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a good year bookwise and really accomplished a lot.

    You'll be in my thoughts for a speedy recovery and feeling great for the new year. {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your operation goes well and we all look forward to you coming back to us in January. I hope that 2010 will be a better year for your health.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your surgery goes well and you're new year has you feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your surgery and wishing you and your family a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will be in our thoughts and wish you a speedy recovery and a most happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year to you as well. I'll be thinking of you today (which is your tomorrow) and hope the surgery goes well and you have an easy and quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you had a wonderful reading year! :-)
    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you a speedy recovery! You had a great year reading-wise. Enjoy your new Kindle.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  15. I say you've had a very productive 2009!!!

    Good luck with your surgery. My thoughts and prayers will be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So jealous that you got a Kindle for Christmas! Hope the surgery goes well, and here's to a better 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sending prayers and white light for your quick recovery. You had such an amazing reading year. Congratulations on that and your new Kindle.
    Hang in there. You will be on my mind.
    Wisteria

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck with your surgery and heal quickly. Hopefully you'll be able to curl up with your Kindle while you recover.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Get well soon! You had a great year of reading - 110 books! Wow. I'm going to have to see what you've been reading since I am working on all of my 2010 challenges right now and need some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope everything goes well and you will be recuperating with your Kindle in your hands.
    Great job on your challenges this year!
    Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. just stopping by to say happy new year and to wish you a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you are recovering nicely. You had a great reading year. Wishing you a 2010 full of health and happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Moo-year and hope you are recovering well. May 2010 bring good things. Chat with ya later sister!
    {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy New Year and Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Excellent wrap up post!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish you a happy, healthy New Year with 100s of wonderful books to read!

    I'm thinking of you and wishing you well as you recover from your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Moo Year to you too.

    You have been nominated!
    http://ellzreadz.blogspot.com/2010/01/awards-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy New Year Teddyree!

    Hope you're feeling better and always you're in my prayers.

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Prayers & hugs you are on the way to health & recovery in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like your wrap up!! Glad you are back from the surgery and hope you have a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cool - I am just catching up on blog hopping now and love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good job on all of your challenges! It looks like you had a great reading year with the Read-A-Thon and all. I can see where The Graveyard Book would be a favorite. I read it last year and really liked it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box