Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankful Me




Happy Thanksgiving to my US friends. I wish we celebrated it in Australia. 

Thanksgiving is about counting your blessings, it's about having a thankful heart each and every day, focusing on gratitude. And putting it into words reminds you how good life really is. So I am celebrating Thanksgiving. 

I am blessed and thankful for so much ...


Family ... family is my world

the joy my granddaughter brings

Laughter; it's the best medicine around 

genuine friends ... there for the good, the bad, the sad and ugly. 

the amazing book blogging community - YOU, the friends I've made, the book love shared, interesting discussions, fun and generosity. 

FitReaders for being motivating and inspiring and supportive when I least feel like it and most need it ... thanks girls :)

improvements in health no matter how small, I am grateful

photography and capturing every special moment

music is a warm place and a safe harbour, it uplifts, inspires, comforts and consoles me

travel ... near and far and wide, it opens your mind and heart

for all the simple things, hugs, smiles, raindrops, rainbows, mown grass, flowers, fresh veggies, the smell of fresh bread, and coffee, sunrises and sunsets and today some not so simple things like aircon and a pool ;) 

animals ... I love animals. My love and appreciation has limits, it does not extend to mice, cockroaches you can put a saddle on, moths the size of bats, grasshoppers or spiders *shudder* lol 

acts of kindness, most people are good and kind, we need more kindness in our world. Why not join me and do Coffee Cups and Crayons - Random Acts of Christmas Kindness.  Megan has a RACK calendar to print out or a blank one to design your own. It's not a big expense, just a little time and kindness. 




Give someone a smile today :)

 and forgive my warped sense of humour



18 comments:

  1. Love your post Sheree, just caught it on twitter! I love all the things you mention and am definitely thankful for your wicked sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn, I'm glad to have you as a friend, appreciating my sense of humour and all ;)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful post! It is good to take time and think about everything in our lives that we are thankful for. Sometimes our Thanksgiving Day can be too focused on the food and stress of family visits or traveling.

    I love your list. I am definitely not thankful for bugs of any kind :)

    I am thankful for your blog and your fun reviews and blog posts and the kind words you share whenever you visit my blog.

    Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post! Happy Thanksgiving!

    Lol, love your humor too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post. Thanks and while you don't celebrate...have a Happy Thanksgiving anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly, hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  5. All of you, all my books, fitreaders, the awesome classes I take, the cutest cat in the world, the best BF in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love your list ... Lucifer is super cute! Not sure I'd be thankful for the classes you take haha

      Delete
  6. Happy thanksgiving- and great post! So true- and I'm thankful for not only my real life blessings, but also the wonderful book bloggers I've met over the last few years. Who knew? Such a great group. Hope your day is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, I've made some wonderful friends through book blogging, one's I'd catch up with if ever I was in their part of the world, quite amazing hey. Hope your day is brilliant!

      Delete
  7. Lovely post Teddyree! I need to take a leaf out of your book!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Deb. I love your sense of humour and I'm thankful your posts nearly always make me laugh. We will catch up one day :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful post!! Even though I am not a fan of Thanksgiving food ... I am in love with the meaning behind it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, it's special isn't it, something we all need to remember on a daily basis!

      Delete
  9. LMAO - That comic is so funny! Anyhow... glad you still celebrated with us Americans! And I'm thankful to have "met" you this year and for your encouragement. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same goes Jen ... and yay another bloggy pal with a slightly warped sense of humour ;)

      Delete
  10. Wonderful post! So inspiring! Hope you enjoyed your Australian Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box